Monday, August 19, 2013

The big trip

So about 4,700+ miles later, this is what our trip looks like. It was a blast to visit family and friends and an eye opening experience. It was my first time out of the country (Victoria B.C. Canada) and it was the first time I had met my brother-in-law and his wife. Jon fell in love with Victoria and I fell in love with Seattle and Victoria. I definately see us living in an area like that in the future when we are ready to settle down a little bit. 
There was definately a lot of boring grass land that we passed through, but there was also a lot of beautiful country that we got to experience. The north west captured my heart and is holding it captive until I return. I loved the green landscape and the beautiful ocean views. The smell of the cool, fresh air even captivated me. 
Overall I would do this over and over again. I don't think that the driving was very fun for Jon and I got tired of it after a while, but given the opportunity I would cover that kind of ground again. I would have liked to have more time in certain spots such as seattle and the rest of the west coast, but it was still an amazing experience. 
I will be posting about each of our stops when I have time. We are headed to China in a week, so I only have so much time to spend with family and get errands done. I will try my hardest to keep this as updated as I can. I hope our experiences inspire you to travel and maybe try something that you wouldn't have otherwise. I am also open to hearing suggestions, because we will always need help knowing what is worth going to on our travels. Thanks for reading, and happy trails everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment