Friday, September 13, 2013


Victoria, B.C.


After a beautiful drive across the olympic peninsula of Washington to Port Angeles, we parked our car and ran off to buy tickets for the next ferry. It was my first time out of the country, so I was so excited. I was hoping Victoria would be as beautiful as Washington was. 
Passports and tickets ready to leave the country!
We boarded the black ball ferry and hunkered down for the four hour trip over. We sat on the upper deck and watched the coastline fade away. Riding the ferry was another first for the both of us. It was the biggest boat that I have been on, and it wasn't even that big. I guess it is good we are going to be world travelers so I can experience more things like that. 







Creepy hazy boat we saw on the way out there. 




As we entered the bay area of Victoria, I instantly loved it. It was so green and the buildings were breathtaking. There were whale watching boats getting ready to set out, and other ocean liners coming in and being docked. Huge cruise ships lined one whole side of the bay, the whole site was amazing. 




Once we got in we met with Jon's brother Joe. It was a great experience to see them meet again for the first time in nearly six years. I had always thought that the two looked a lot alike, but when they were side by side, the similarities were striking. Joe was a great host. He helped us exchange money, and we caught a bus to his apartment. We stayed at his place for three nights, which was a relief after almost a week of hotels. 



When we were there we didn't really do any of the really touristy stuff. We mostly walked and saw the gorgeous landscape. I met Joes' wife Aisha for the first time as well, and we walked in parks and along the beach. We tried out the local cuisine wich of course included poutine. If you haven't had that stuff, you should try it. I loved it, and I miss it so much already after only having it twice. Gravy covered fries with melted cheese over top is brilliant. 


We also tried shucked oysters and gelato. It was pretty cool to see the two brothers catch up and to see the beautiful island of Victoria, Canada. 




Joe and his wife Aisha


Oysters mmmm.....








No comments:

Post a Comment